Radiant Wave founder Katherine McLeod has a long and colourful career as performance storyteller, hand drummer, facilitator, meditation teacher and creative director.
Katherine has immersed her life in creating and community since the very beginning.
Upon graduating from university in Canada with a Child Study degree, she has continuously built on her education. This has included:
- Ongoing performance training in Canada, Australia, and Singapore (storytelling and acting)
- Teaching English through story and drama in Seoul, Korea
- Hand-drumming lessons and workshops with master drummers John May and Tarek Sawres
- Traditional Indian dance training (Odyssey) with Singapore choreographer Jayanthi Siva-Lecollay
- One month intensive Orixas dance training with Brazilian dancer Augusto Omolu at Odin Theatre in Denmark
- Two hooping retreats in Bali (with Sacred Circularities) that included training with the world's top hoopers
- Mindfulness Business Coaching with Ariana Shelton
- Meditation training in Korea, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Australia
- Meditation teacher training in Australia (with Niv Farrow at Acuenergetics, Sydney)
- Yoga teacher training (International College of Kundalini Yoga, Australia)
- Ongoing wool spinning instruction with Australian spinner and artist Michelle Snowdon
- Wool felting workshops with Canadian fibre artists Marjolein Dalinga and Fiona Duthie
This ongoing education and learning has helped Katherine to build a business that integrates both dynamic meditations and mindfulness workshops. She also provides immersive, expansive trainings for artists and facilitators who work with Radiant Wave.
For the past 25 years, Katherine and her husband have travelled, lived, and worked overseas. Their successful and continuously growing business – Camp Magic – was created by Katherine 19 years ago. It has provided thousands of children in Asia with a program that immerses them in mindful creating through story, circus, art, song writing, weaving, sport, performance, and craft.
Radiant Wave is an incredible mix of what Katherine understands to work best. This has come through her vast experience with corporate team building and teacher trainings across Asia and Australia merged with the "mindfulness" approach to Camp Magic.
This amazing blend brings the very best to you, your organization, and/or school providing workshops with radiant waves of wellness mixed with large splashes of laughter and connection. Because we all know – mindfulness can and should be serious fun.